There are several flying schools located in Chennai, India. Some of the notable ones include:
Madras Flying Club: Established in 1929, it is one of the oldest flying schools in India and offers pilot training for private, commercial, and airline transport pilot licenses.
Bharat Flight Training Academy: This is a reputed flying school that offers pilot training on single-engine and multi-engine aircraft.
Lufthansa Flight Training: This is a joint venture between Lufthansa and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), and offers pilot training for commercial and airline transport pilot licenses.
Sri Ram Institute of Technology: This institute offers pilot training for private and commercial pilot licenses.
Rajiv Gandhi Aviation Academy: This flying school offers pilot training for private, commercial, and airline transport pilot licenses.
Student Resources of Flying School in Chennai
Some resources for students at flying schools in Chennai, India may include:
- Flight training materials and manuals
- Access to aircraft and flight simulators for hands-on training
- Instructors with experience in the aviation industry
- Ground school classes to cover the theory and regulations of flying
- Opportunities for solo and supervised flight time
- Assistance with obtaining medical clearance and pilot certification
Main Courses of Flying School in Chennai
The main courses offered at flying schools in Chennai typically include:
- Private Pilot License (PPL): This course is designed for individuals who wish to fly for personal or recreational purposes.
- Commercial Pilot License (CPL): This course is designed for individuals who wish to fly as a career and become a professional pilot.
- Instrument Rating (IR): This course is designed to train pilots to fly in instrument meteorological conditions (IMC) using only the aircraft’s instruments.
- Multi-Engine Rating (MER): This course is designed to train pilots to fly multi-engine aircraft.
- Flight Instructor Rating (FIR): This course is designed to train pilots to become flight instructors and teach others how to fly.
- Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL): This is the highest level of pilot certification and allows the holder to act as the pilot-in-command of an aircraft.
Admission Process in Flying School in Chennai
To enroll in a flying school in Chennai, you will typically need to meet certain eligibility criteria and complete an application process. The specific requirements and process may vary depending on the school you choose, but some common steps may include:
- Meeting age, education, and medical requirements: Most flying schools have minimum age, education, and medical requirements for students.
- Completing an application: You will likely need to fill out an application form and submit it to the school, along with any required documents, such as proof of education, medical certificate, and passport-size photographs.
- Taking an entrance test: Many flying schools require applicants to take an entrance test to assess their aptitude for flying.
- Interview and selection process: If you pass the entrance test, you may be called for an interview and selection process.
- Paying fees and enrolling: Once you are accepted, you will need to pay the fees and enroll in the program.
The cost of flying school in Chennai can vary depending on a number of factors, including the type of training program, the length of the program, and the reputation of the school. In general, you can expect to pay anywhere from several thousand to tens of thousands of rupees for flying training in Chennai. It is best to research different schools and compare their fees and training programs in order to find the one that best suits your needs and budget.
Airline Placements in Chennai
PTC aviation academy
It is our immense pleasure to announce that PTC candidates have been placed in various reputed Airlines & Airport Ground Handling Companies . To name a few: Indigo, Spicejet, British Airways, Air India, Qatar Airways, Etihad, Bhadra Aviation, Décor Aviation, Thomas cook, Cox and kings, Jet Airways, GVK, GMR, Air India Sats, etc.
Airlines placement training in Chennai
PTC boasts of an illustrious placement record. The unique design of our Curriculum at PTC has perfected the skills of the students to undertake challenging responsibilities in every field of interest in the Aviation Sector. Over the recent years, PTC Students have been placed in reputed Airlines & Airport Ground Handling Companies besides other sectors in Aviation as well. Our Students work with Indigo ,British Airways, Air India, Qatar Airways, Etihad, spicejet, Oman Airways, Lufthansa, Décor Aviation, Thomas cook, Cox and kings, GVK, GMR, Air India Sats to name a few.They have indeed made a mark and become an integral part of these Organizations.
The cost of flying lessons in Chennai can vary depending on the flying school and the type of aircraft being used. It can range from several lakhs to tens of lakhs of rupees.
The basic requirements to begin flying lessons in Chennai are that you must be at least 17 years of age and have a valid medical certificate. You will also need to pass a written exam and meet other qualifications set by the flying school.
The duration of flying lessons in Chennai can vary depending on the individual and the flying school. On average, it can take anywhere from 6 months to 2 years to complete flying lessons and obtain a pilot’s license.
A student can obtain a Private Pilot License (PPL) or a Commercial Pilot License (CPL) from a flying school in Chennai. PPL allows one to fly for recreation whereas CPL allows one to fly for commercial purpose.
The success rate for students completing flying lessons in Chennai can vary depending on the flying school and the individual student’s aptitude for flying. It’s advisable to check with the flying school for their current success rate.
It’s advisable to check with the flying school for any scholarships or financial aid that may be available for flying lessons. Some schools may offer financial aid for students in need, or scholarships for students with exceptional academic or flying records.